The sound of the hovering helicopter was deafening. It was hard not to notice but I was immediately struck by how nonchalant everyone around me appeared to be, but then again, this was midtown New York and nothing gets in the way of making a train home after a long day of work.
I was only a block and 40 minutes away from witnessing a crazed meat cleaver wielding man charge a cop. Once I fought my way through the crowds and news crews, however, I embraced my date for the evening—an adorable and perky Aussie who blogs at Bashfully Bold. We had such an amazing night—she asked GOOD questions; the kinds of questions that allow for more soul-baring than one might otherwise, but this is an IRL crossover and we already know each other on a more intimate level than most.
That of course is my #1 grateful item on this list. Which leads me to my Friday happy list—please join the ever-amazing Lindsay and Krysten in our linkup and don’t forget to wish Krysten a very happy birthday!! Now, onto the happy stuffs!
- Meeting a blog friend in person and being a block and 40 minutes away from complete mayhem
- Getting an extra freelance assignment come in this week
- Really great webinar with Melyssa Griffin on Pinfinite Growth (essentially utilizing Pinterest to grow your blog traffic)
- Not feeling overwhelmed by credit card debt any longer. Slow and steady wins the race, I always say
- An insightful documentary about a boy caught up in gang violence. Bryan and I wanted to watch it because it’s about a local kid who was class president with so much potential. It was heartbreaking to see the path he took and what could have been
- Planning an overnight stay down the shore with the pup
- Finding balance, in all things
What’s making you smile this week?