Feelin’ Friday vibes 7/29

poppy

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m not ready for the weekend. I think it’s because I’ve been buried under work lately and I wish I could elongate the week so I didn’t feel guilty for working on a Saturday or Sunday. I can’t complain—in the life of a freelancer, this is pretty much as good as it gets and you’ll take it wherever it comes.

It’s been a bit of a nutty week, but I’m glad to slow down this morning and express my gratitude. I need this.

• The first and most important thing on my list this week is my momma’s health. I’m not going to lie—I was unbelievably stressed out about her last week and it wasn’t looking so good. We have a long line of heart complications on that side of the family and my mom was experiencing shortness of breath. This woman doesn’t slow down for anything so to hear she was getting winded going up a flight of stairs made me unbelievably worried. Thankfully, she is on new meds and they appear to be helping. Please send her some good wishes if you could 🙂
  • Doing yoga every day this week with Yoga Download (full review to come soon!) and finding out a new studio just opened around the corner from my apartment. They have limited spots for each session (only 6) and I’m hoping to take a class there soon
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It’s like watching an epic acid trip every time this show comes on but I’m a few episodes into the first season and I’m starting to fall in love with it. Titus is my absolute favorite character and there’s usually a moment in each episode where Bryan and I turn to each other and ask “WHAT’S HAPPENING?!” and I think that’s part of its charm. Have you seen it?
  • Panera’s iced chai latte. Holy deliciousness in a cup, y’all
  • Seeing my friends at a BBQ last weekend. I can’t believe we’re friends now for 15+ years when it seems like just yesterday we were babies at our first job out of college
  • Getting Buster this week! I’ve missed the stinker

Don’t forget to link up this week with my sweet peas Krysten and Lindsay and let us know what is making you grin ear to ear this week. XOXO and happy weekend!

lisa thomson July 29, 2016, 12:49 PM

Awesome list, Charlotte. So scary about your mom! Sending good vibes and hugs out to you and her both. Hope the meds help her recover quickly.

Unbreakable Kimmy. I saw the first season on Netflix and really enjoyed it. It took a bit to get into but once you get the feel of it, it’s kind of addicting. I haven’t seen any of the second season, so thanks for reminding me and I’ll watch some this weekend. Quirky is the word I would use to describe that show 🙂

Lindsay July 29, 2016, 2:45 PM

My first reaction before continuing on to read was, “WHAT?! How can she NOT be ready for a weekend?” But I completely understand. There’s nothing worse than trying to end your day but you’ve got a ton of work looming over you.. It’s a good feeling to get your things done so you don’t have to continue thinking about it and having it weigh on you. Hopefully one of the two days of your weekend is relaxing.

I know your momma probably thrives on being busy and her work, but sounds like she needs to slow down juuuuuuuuust a wee bit. I’m glad to hear she’s better than she was last week, though.

I’ve never tried Panera. Are they actually good?! We have a couple around us and we’ve never been in.

I’m elated for you that you get your boy this weekend!! 🙂 Send me a pic when you can of your handsome fella.

XOXOX

Shybiker July 29, 2016, 9:08 PM

Best wishes for your mom’s health.

Crystal // Dreams, etc. July 29, 2016, 9:42 PM

Sending lots of good wishes your mom’s way. I’m glad to hear the meds are helping. I totally understand the stress when mom’s aren’t feeling well. This week last year my mom wasn’t doing well and was getting worse each day. Next week will be a year since she was admitted to the hospital and after a week of testing (and for awhile, a very real fear that she had tumors in her liver and/or spleen) we discovered that she had Lyme’s and Babesiosis (a parasite also transmitted through tick bites). So scary and stressful! It’s kind of crazy to see how well she’s doing now and think back to the week and how worried we were for her.

Akaleistar July 30, 2016, 7:23 PM

Glad the new meds are helping your mom!

Karen M Peterson August 1, 2016, 2:35 PM

Oh, I love Kimmy Schmidt! I felt like it really took off around episode 4 and then it is just ridiculously funny all the way through.

I’m so glad your mom is doing better! That’s so scary!

Tamara August 1, 2016, 7:51 PM

Oh no! Your mom! Sending her some good vibes over here!
I’ve been told I’d love Kimmy Schmidt. We’ve been watching Stranger Things here and we’re almost done. Sob.