I never thought I’d say this, but I’m not ready for the weekend. I think it’s because I’ve been buried under work lately and I wish I could elongate the week so I didn’t feel guilty for working on a Saturday or Sunday. I can’t complain—in the life of a freelancer, this is pretty much as good as it gets and you’ll take it wherever it comes.
It’s been a bit of a nutty week, but I’m glad to slow down this morning and express my gratitude. I need this.
- The first and most important thing on my list this week is my momma’s health. I’m not going to lie—I was unbelievably stressed out about her last week and it wasn’t looking so good. We have a long line of heart complications on that side of the family and my mom was experiencing shortness of breath. This woman doesn’t slow down for anything so to hear she was getting winded going up a flight of stairs made me unbelievably worried. Thankfully, she is on new meds and they appear to be helping. Please send her some good wishes if you could 🙂
- Doing yoga every day this week with Yoga Download (full review to come soon!) and finding out a new studio just opened around the corner from my apartment. They have limited spots for each session (only 6) and I’m hoping to take a class there soon
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It’s like watching an epic acid trip every time this show comes on but I’m a few episodes into the first season and I’m starting to fall in love with it. Titus is my absolute favorite character and there’s usually a moment in each episode where Bryan and I turn to each other and ask “WHAT’S HAPPENING?!” and I think that’s part of its charm. Have you seen it?
- Panera’s iced chai latte. Holy deliciousness in a cup, y’all
- Seeing my friends at a BBQ last weekend. I can’t believe we’re friends now for 15+ years when it seems like just yesterday we were babies at our first job out of college
- Getting Buster this week! I’ve missed the stinker