Just another grateful Friday

woman-570883_1920

Diving in, because it’s Friday, I see sunshine, the birds are singing, and I am unbelievably excited for the weekend. I hope you are, too! Don’t forget to link up with Krysten and Lindsay–we always love to read your posts.

Things that top my happy list this week:

• I woke up this morning to Z100 (as I always do. Since 1997!) and I heard some throwback hits that I haven’t heard in ages from Beastie Boys, DJ Kool, and Kris Kross (!!). I also heard a new song called Guillotine by Jon Bellion. Has anyone heard it? Listen here:

• Booking a hotel first thing this morning for an upcoming Phish show! Only one this summer for me, but I’m going to make it count
  • Asparagus and Gouda cheese with dinner last night. The Gouda is left over from our trip to Holland it was the perfect accompaniment to a delicious and easy veggie taco dinner
  • I was grocery shopping the other day when Salt-N-Pepa’s “Push It” came on. It took every ounce of restraint I had to not do a choreographed dance in the produce section, and when I looked into the eyes of other shoppers, I know they felt the urge, too. It’s sad. We could have made magic
  • Finding the perfect Father’s Day gift for my poppa—a hammock! I don’t know why I never thought of this sooner; my parents have a huge backyard and he loves to spend time outdoors with his pup Pedro
  • Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. I’ve read a few of her other books and they were just kind of meh, but this one? I loved it and couldn’t put it down. If you’re looking for a perfect summer beach read—go to your library and grab this one!

What’s making you smile this week?

Nellwyn June 10, 2016, 10:56 AM

Sounds like a perfect father’s day gift! I would love a hammock too if I had a yard!

Nellwyn | http://www.thecardinalpress.com

Kimberly June 10, 2016, 2:07 PM

OMG that song kills me so much. I can’t help but start busting a move — even though I don’t have any certifiable moves. It looks as though I’m activily having a seizure or something. I’m not. That’s dancing bitches. Back off. Let me move. Just hold my tongue out of the way.
Gouda. Gouda good xoxo

Lindsay June 10, 2016, 8:36 PM

Bahaha! I think everyone had a choreographed dance to that song at some point or another. I probably wouldn’t been able to resist and went for it, I’m a dork like that. Lol!
I’m looking forward to some solitude this weekend!! Xo
Love ya home slice

Shann June 10, 2016, 10:03 PM

Your grocery store sounds way cooler than mine. I don’t even think mine plays real music, just that dreadful muzak without words. I got my husband a hammock for his birthday, and he lays in it every night to wind down from work…your Dad will love it. I’m totally taking your book recommendation too. I’ve liked most of her books, but not all, but I think you have good taste 🙂 Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Lisa Thomson June 11, 2016, 12:30 AM

Haha, Push It by Salt ‘n Peppa remind me of the scene in a movie that I can’t remember the name for the life of me. It starred Kate Hudson and Jennifer Goodwin. They do the dance so well—LOL. You should have broke out in the store! I feel old sometimes when one of my favorite songs come on in the supermarket. Nice grateful list, Charlotte. I’m sure your dad will love the hammock!

Susannah June 11, 2016, 1:11 PM

I think you should have danced in the grocery store. You should always dance in the grocery store. 😉

Tamara June 11, 2016, 5:33 PM

I wonder if you’ll see Cassidy at the Phish show. I think you’d recognize him too! He’s famous on social media.
I’m booking a hotel in NYC right now and freaking out about it.
But while there, I can put on Z100. That brings me back to my youth!
I love all Emily Giffin.
And the grocery store gave you all a chance! Perhaps next time.

Akaleistar June 11, 2016, 9:12 PM

Why do all the good songs come on when you’re at the grocery store? I wish real life was choreographed because it’s awkward dancing down the aisle by yourself 🙂

Shybiker June 11, 2016, 9:24 PM

Mmm… love gouda cheese. Glad your life is going well.

Emily June 12, 2016, 12:51 PM

I love that your grocery store played Salt-N-Pepa’s Push It. I totally would have danced if I heard that in my grocery store.

carma June 14, 2016, 3:13 PM

Love gouda…well, all cheese for that matter 😉

Selma June 14, 2016, 6:31 PM

Kris Kross?! WOW. Now this makes me old. hahahaha. And I wanted to read that book, Where we belong. I never liked the author so I was hesitant but you’re the second person saying it’s really good. Oh, so tempting now. 😉

Hope you had a great weekend {I’m so catching up on blog reading…I know it’s Tuesday. HA!}

Karen M Peterson June 16, 2016, 4:24 PM

I bet if you had busted those moves, other shoppers would have joined right in. 🙂