Diving in, because it’s Friday, I see sunshine, the birds are singing, and I am unbelievably excited for the weekend. I hope you are, too! Don’t forget to link up with Krysten and Lindsay–we always love to read your posts.
Things that top my happy list this week:
- I woke up this morning to Z100 (as I always do. Since 1997!) and I heard some throwback hits that I haven’t heard in ages from Beastie Boys, DJ Kool, and Kris Kross (!!). I also heard a new song called Guillotine by Jon Bellion. Has anyone heard it? Listen here:
- Booking a hotel first thing this morning for an upcoming Phish show! Only one this summer for me, but I’m going to make it count
- Asparagus and Gouda cheese with dinner last night. The Gouda is left over from our trip to Holland it was the perfect accompaniment to a delicious and easy veggie taco dinner
- I was grocery shopping the other day when Salt-N-Pepa’s “Push It” came on. It took every ounce of restraint I had to not do a choreographed dance in the produce section, and when I looked into the eyes of other shoppers, I know they felt the urge, too. It’s sad. We could have made magic
- Finding the perfect Father’s Day gift for my poppa—a hammock! I don’t know why I never thought of this sooner; my parents have a huge backyard and he loves to spend time outdoors with his pup Pedro
- Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. I’ve read a few of her other books and they were just kind of meh, but this one? I loved it and couldn’t put it down. If you’re looking for a perfect summer beach read—go to your library and grab this one!
What’s making you smile this week?