I love this Friday exercise because it’s a way for me to accentuate the positive. And when I stare outside the window to find a dismal, gloomy, and rainy day, sometimes I need to reflect and appreciate the cup of warm coffee in my hands or the fact that I even have a warm home to return to after taking the dog out for a walk.
I’d like to give an even bigger shout-out this week to my blog sisters Krysten and Lindsay for including me in their weekly linky, even when I wasn’t here. I encourage you to befriend them—it’s important to have wonderful and supportive friends in your corner.
Now, on to my grateful list!
- Getting back into the swing of things and to some semblance of a routine. Don’t get me wrong—I LOVED being away. But I hate that frazzled feeling I get as soon as I return so I’m glad that’s over with
- Leftover Dutch goat cheese
- Returning to the yoga mat and gym. Although, has this ever happened to you? Seven CLEARLY EMPTY machines to the left of you (yes, I counted) and a woman takes the one RIGHTUPYOURBUTT to the right. There I go, ruining the grateful exercise…
- Having the chance to review AND GIVE AWAY a wooden, sustainable, and artistic watch that is SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL (stay tuned, my friends!)
- Going through Amsterdam pics and getting ready to create a photo album of memories
- Finding a new burger joint in town that makes something called a Falafelwraptor in a collard green wrap (mic drop)
- Catching up with friends this week—I’ve missed my girls!
- Going to see my parents this weekend and gifting my mom a book by Sophie Kinsella that I recently fell in love with—The Undomestic Goddess
What’s on your grateful list, friends?