an attitude of gratitude

happy friday

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”—Marcel Proust

Isn’t that quote delicious?

I stumbled upon it this morning, in preparation for the day, and for my writing, and I kept reading the words over and over.

There are many things in my life I am grateful for—my health, my home, my career, and the opportunities I have available to me… but none of it would mean anything if it weren’t for the people (and pup!) who make me smile and laugh, listen to me cry and qvetsch, and show me everyday what true friendship really means.

I am eternally grateful for the gardeners who tend to my soul.

In the spirit of gratitude, I’m linking up again with Lindsay and Krysten for our weekly grateful exercise. Join us, won’t you?

Here’s what made my heart sing this week:

• Trying out a new hot spot in town with my bestie last night. We had our hearts set on vegan but the place was closed so we stumbled into an adorable Mexican restaurant instead. Four words: peanut and pumpkinseed guacamole
  • Catching up on the phone with a long-lost friend from college and picking up right where we left off
  • Problem solving at work
  • This week’s Better Call Saul and Modern Family. I almost peed myself when Mitch and Phil went to the movies
  • Amazon gift card for my birthday—help me spend it!

What’s on your grateful list this week, friends? XOXO and happy weekend!!

Kim Munoz April 8, 2016, 10:04 AM

I love picking up with friends. I recently talked to a friend from school that I haven’t heard from in over 16 years and you would never know it! Its the best! Have a great weekend!

Kimberly April 8, 2016, 12:29 PM

Oh I really want to watch Saul. I’ve heard that it was a good one!
It’s funny because a bunch of us hockey parents were talking about how we don’t have any Mexican restuarants in our area. It’s a crime I say. We should open one but no one knows how to cook some killer Mexican food. That might be a problem.
Have a great weekend xoxo

Shann April 8, 2016, 3:31 PM

Peanut and pumpkin seed guac?!?! I didn’t even know that was a thing, bit sounds yummy!!! Love, love, love that quote.

Leslie April 8, 2016, 8:05 PM

Happy Friday! That episode was pretty funny this week. I hope you have a great weekend!

Shybiker April 8, 2016, 9:05 PM

The quac sounds delicious. I’m grateful for having found an activity (motorcycling) that enables me to forget the crap in my life. I had a really, really sad experience this week and only riding for hours helped me sort it out.

Lindsay April 8, 2016, 10:08 PM

I haven’t watched Saul yet. Don’t you just love that show?!
Funny, I also tried to go out to a raw vegan place for some yummy food, solo, and the place was closed, too! 🙁 I couldn’t decide what to eat. So, raw vegan turned into roasted red pepper hummus and Tostitos. Lol what a sad option.

That is one beautiful quote. Have a lovely weekend my friend. xoxo

Crystal // Dreams, etc. April 9, 2016, 12:17 AM

That’s a great quote! And I love what you wrote about it. 🙂 It sounds like you had a great week. Have a wonderful weekend!

Isaac Nunoofio April 9, 2016, 3:41 AM

Things are not going too well for me but I am grateful I am alive and have a chance to turn things around. I am also thankful that I can see the sun smiling on me this morning, that I can hear, talk, and for my two hands and legs- some are not so fortunate.

Ana@CelebratingSunshine April 9, 2016, 4:38 PM

I love your quote and I totally agree with you. Nothing would be the same without the love and support we get from the people we love. Have a sunny weekend!

Akaleistar April 9, 2016, 8:05 PM

What a wonderful quote! Sounds like it was a good week 🙂

lisa thomson April 10, 2016, 6:16 PM

Awesome quote, Charlotte. Proust. Say no more. Sounds like you had a great week. I’m certainly in need of finding gratitude after a rather challenging week. Thanks for inspiration. Oh and Modern Family was hilarious!

Tamara April 11, 2016, 7:20 AM

I love Modern Family! I love that delicious quote.
And I love the idea of peanut and pumpkinseed guacamole.