I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to say goodbye to this year. Don’t get me wrong—many wonderful things happened but the past few weeks have been challenging and I’m ready to start the New Year with a bang. So with that said, it’s been real, 2014, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Here are just a few things I’m looking forward to in 2015 (in no particular order):
- I will be my own boss. Even if I have to scrape to get by for a while, this will be the year I branch out and reinvent myself. Like Madonna but with less scary arms and gold teeth. I’m incredibly excited about some opportunities that have come up in the past few days alone and have confidence in myself and my ability. Finally.
- I plan to read and write more, attend conferences that may have previously scared me, soak in everything I can about social media, content marketing, and how to build a brand. I don’t think we ever stop learning and I myself recognize that there is so much I don’t yet know about a constantly evolving field.
- No longer will I be anyone’s doormat. If I can take away anything from this year, it’s that staying calm, cool, and collected in the face of great adversity isn’t always easy, but it is always right. But sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in and growing a spine is something I’m still working on.
- This is the year of a great adventure. Bryan and I have been saving for quite some time and soon he’ll have the vacation time to take. Time to put those suitcases to good use. I‘m always open to travel suggestions!
- I vow to do good deeds more frequently. I’ve missed fostering terribly and will find a way to either spread this message or take in another dog (obviously one that gets along with our little goober).
- To add to that last point, I’d like to work on a new writing project that brings pet adoption to the surface in an entirely new format. Sorry to be so vague, but I promise to reveal details as soon as I can!
- 2015 will be the year that I surround myself with light and positivity. I have let my yoga/meditation slide over the past few months and I need to practice mindfulness, staying in the present, and letting go. That last one especially (gets me every time).
- No more excuses–I have a gym membership now. I will conquer the treadmaster and elliptical machines, even if I am a spazz who has to gingerly step foot on them like Howie Mandel in Walk Like a Man.
What’s on your list for the New Year? Wishing you all a very happy and healthy start to 2015, my friends. As a special bonus, Modcloth is now offering My Pixie Blog fans an additional 20% of all sale items by using code WOOHOO at checkout (limited time only)!