Page 365 of 365

New YearI don’t know about you, but I’m ready to say goodbye to this year. Don’t get me wrong—many wonderful things happened but the past few weeks have been challenging and I’m ready to start the New Year with a bang. So with that said, it’s been real, 2014, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Here are just a few things I’m looking forward to in 2015 (in no particular order):

• I will be my own boss. Even if I have to scrape to get by for a while, this will be the year I branch out and reinvent myself. Like Madonna but with less scary arms and gold teeth. I’m incredibly excited about some opportunities that have come up in the past few days alone and have confidence in myself and my ability. Finally.
  • I plan to read and write more, attend conferences that may have previously scared me, soak in everything I can about social media, content marketing, and how to build a brand. I don’t think we ever stop learning and I myself recognize that there is so much I don’t yet know about a constantly evolving field.
  • No longer will I be anyone’s doormat. If I can take away anything from this year, it’s that staying calm, cool, and collected in the face of great adversity isn’t always easy, but it is always right. But sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in and growing a spine is something I’m still working on.
  • This is the year of a great adventure. Bryan and I have been saving for quite some time and soon he’ll have the vacation time to take. Time to put those suitcases to good use. I‘m always open to travel suggestions!
  • I vow to do good deeds more frequently. I’ve missed fostering terribly and will find a way to either spread this message or take in another dog (obviously one that gets along with our little goober).
  • To add to that last point, I’d like to work on a new writing project that brings pet adoption to the surface in an entirely new format. Sorry to be so vague, but I promise to reveal details as soon as I can!
  • 2015 will be the year that I surround myself with light and positivity. I have let my yoga/meditation slide over the past few months and I need to practice mindfulness, staying in the present, and letting go. That last one especially (gets me every time).
  • No more excuses–I have a gym membership now. I will conquer the treadmaster and elliptical machines, even if I am a spazz who has to gingerly step foot on them like Howie Mandel in Walk Like a Man.

What’s on your list for the New Year? Wishing you all a very happy and healthy start to 2015, my friends. As a special bonus, Modcloth is now offering My Pixie Blog fans an additional 20% of all sale items by using code WOOHOO at checkout (limited time only)!

brahm (alfred lives here) December 31, 2014, 10:35 AM

Like the post and plans… I am still working on plans for next year, but giving back more definitely plays into it — I did less this year than I have in past due to work and other time pressures, however miss that feeling of caring and being in community. And i would love another dog…

Happy New Year!

Elizabeth December 31, 2014, 10:48 AM

Love it! You are going to have a great year. I can feel it in my bones. 😉

Rickman December 31, 2014, 11:12 AM

Hey Charlotte,
I am very happy to have met you, worked with you, and to count you among my friends. We both escaped an evil dictatorship, have the scars to prove it, and are now free to pursue our own endeavors. I look forward to working and hanging out with you in the future.
Excelsior!
-Rickman

Krysten December 31, 2014, 11:14 AM

I had a pretty darn good 2014 but I’m really looking forward to 2015. I want to write more, grow my blog, and travel.

Wishing you a wonderful 2015 Charlotte!

Naked Girl in a Dress December 31, 2014, 11:26 AM

You have wonderful plans for the new year. Can’t wait to see what you accomplish in 2015!!

AwesomelyOZ December 31, 2014, 1:19 PM

Very good list! 🙂 Yeah 2014 was kind of a year in passing, nothing really happened but it was a good year overall. Kinda worked on getting healthier which kind of worked; still tweaking things. I am ready to step things into high gear in 2015 so bring it on! Best of luck reaching all these goals Charlotte! You got this and have a great new years celebration! Take Care and Happy 2015 -Iva

Akaleistar January 1, 2015, 7:38 PM

I love your goals for 2015! My resolutions are very similar – positivity, freedom, and adventure 🙂 Happy New Year!

Lillian January 2, 2015, 10:48 AM

2015 has “success for Charlotte” written ALL OVER IT!! Love you and your new spine! 🙂 xoxo

lisa thomson-the great escape January 2, 2015, 12:03 PM

Your upcoming year sounds wonderful, Charlotte! On so many counts, especially being your own boss and getting that confidence in yourself—go girl!! My daughter also loves to foster dogs (or cats). I always wonder at how she does it without getting too attached. I look forward to hearing more about that. I’m tackling ‘happiness’ as my theme for 2015. Happy New Year, charlotte!

Tamara January 2, 2015, 12:42 PM

Yay for Modcloth! I’m a fan of My Pixie Blog and Modcloth.
I love your goals for the year. I’d love to do more regular good deeds, and not just around the holidays.
I’d also love to focus more on my writing, because 2014 was a bigger year for photography.

Mrs. Match January 4, 2015, 12:16 PM

I hear ya on 2014. There were a lot of good things, but I felt like it was the year of being in a constant state of limbo. I’m so ready for the start of something new. I love all of your goals, and I think you can easily reach them. This is going to be a great year for you Charlotte!