Today’s Brain Drain

I can’t remember which of my bloggy friends featured the first brain drain, but I do recall reading one once from Alexandra of Good Day Regular People and it seemed appropriate given the mush in my head this Monday morning. So here we go.

This weekend was incredibly fun and a bit taxing but it’s nice to be out and about now that the temps are slightly above freezing. This may be short-lived, however, because they are once again calling for more snow in the forecast today. For f*ck’s sake, please remind me again why I live here?!

On Friday, Bryan and I went to a taping of Bethenny. I requested tickets before I realized that we were expected to be there at 8am. This required us to wake up at 5am to board a train in the pitch dark. After ten years of commuting, I have to say that it’s not something I miss much, BUT the taping itself was awesome and we got to see Constantine Maroulis, Demetria from Bravo’s Blood Sweat and Heels, an adorable chick from Guy Code, and some TV judge. Basically, I didn’t know half the people and there was a lot of clapping involved but her audience is a riot and I would love to go again.

Bethenny Frankel

It’s nice to be in a relationship with a man who is secure enough in himself that he doesn’t mind showing up to a St. Patrick’s Day parade wearing matching sweaters with his girlfriend.

St. Patrick's Day Morristown

I recently went to pick up food from a local vegetarian spot and ran into an old familiar face (which is not surprising since he’s actually the restaurant’s host). While Bryan waited in the car, he took the opportunity to recall how I used to come in to eat when I dated my ex. In what could have been the world’s most uncomfortable conversation, we laughed about how life changes and people evolve and relationships sometimes just fizzle and burn. I have noticed him give me the side eye ever since I began frequenting the joint with Bryan, and it was nice to get some things out in the open once and for all.

It’s incredibly quiet and lonely in here without Buster. It’s amazing what a dog can do for your mood and overall well-being. Bryan and I are going to check in with each other after we return from Nashville, but if Buster hasn’t been adopted by then, I think we’re going to scoop him up. We recognize that an older dog may be overlooked and we fell in love with the little fella while he was here. In any event, this little man will soon have his happy ever after.

Liberty Humane Society shelter

Wishing you all a very happy St. Patrick’s Day! What are you doing to celebrate?

alexandra March 17, 2014, 2:20 PM

I LOVE brain drains. It’s how you REALLY get to know someone and when you’re done reading, you feel caught up. You guys are adorable and pictures of you together continue to keep me happy. xo xo

Joe March 17, 2014, 4:00 PM

I thought I felt a good brain drain coming on, but it turned out to be gas. Apparently, my brain is already drained. I think it may have drained into the 10 #$%@ inches of St. Paddy’s Day snow we just got here in Maryland. I was over this winter at least a month ago, and it JUST WON’T STOP.

And yes – older dogs are much harder to place. Go get the little guy! (heart)

Karen @TheMissingNiche March 17, 2014, 9:03 PM

Despite the fact that Bethenny bugs me, that must have been so fun! I love Buster, he is so cute! You HAVE to get him!!

Tina @ Girl with a New Life March 17, 2014, 10:47 PM

What would have really been funny is if someone else showed up wearing the same sweater. 😉 You guys are adorable. I kind of hit the fail button tonight, but I did have plans for Potato & Kale Soup and mini mint-chocolate cakes. Maybe tomorrow…

Elizabeth March 18, 2014, 7:28 AM

What a fun time! The show and the parade both sound great! I’m with you on the weather, though. As one who professes to love winter I am now freely admitting that I am done with THIS winter and ready to move on. And Buster… he’s totally a keeper. I can tell by the photo! 🙂

Melissa @ Completely Eclipsed March 18, 2014, 12:27 PM

I would have loved to go to a taping of bethanny. I love her. I promised myself I’d go the second season. Bummer for me I guess huh? Stopping by from sits.

Kimberly March 22, 2014, 9:58 AM

I got super drunk on St.Patty’s day. I would have made my Irish lineage so proud. Those sweaters…banging. you’re gorgeous
That reminded me of my dog. That asshole at socks and they got stuck in his intestines. I was so pissed off at spending 2 thousand dollars on him but it was worth it. Not having him around those two days, killed us.

Jolene March 25, 2014, 10:08 AM

LOVE the matching sweaters!!

I would have loved to see Bethenny!! those Blood,Sweat and Heels ladies are a train wreak, well besides Demetria she seems to have her head on straight! haha.