Valentine’s Day recap

– Posted in: dating, featured, Valentine's Day

hearts

Who posts a Valentine’s Day recap five days after the fact?

I do. That’s who.

It’s been kind of a crazy week. Actually, scratch that. I feel like this has been the craziest winter in the history of ever. What started as a benign storm early in the season has turned into the world’s worst snowfall of suck. It won’t stop. And it’s created frayed nerves, feelings of hopelessness, and even a few accidents. Walking around town the past few days has made me realize that the world outside my doorstep is one big icy and slippery obstacle course. Just yesterday, Bryan’s poor poppa was attacked by a falling icicle and ended up with a very bad corneal abrasion.

If you reside in the area, please do be careful, my loves.

But back to the day of love…

The day itself kind of came and went without much fanfare. Both Bryan and I had to work and it seemed to be one of those Fridays were nothing felt accomplished, even long after the day had ended.

One of my neighbors kindly invited us along with a few others from the vicinity for a night of dinner and karaoke. When I told her I felt funny coming alone since Bryan had to work late, she said “it’s not about that. It’ll be a nice, stress-free night with new friends.” Of course I couldn’t say no to an invite so sweet and I love that I have such thoughtful friends in the area. And dinner was delicious (her hubby even cooked up some fish when I mentioned that I don’t eat meat).

Bryan told me that morning that as part of a Valentine’s Day/early birthday gift he would like to whisk me away to Nashville, a city we’ve both discussed visiting on several occasions. I was beyond elated and we spent the weekend booking our flight and room. If anyone has any recommendations in the Nashville area, please pass them along!

Did you celebrate Valentine’s Day this year? What did you do?

Lillian February 19, 2014, 11:37 AM

Whisk ME away to Nashville! 🙂 You know my thoughts on Valentine’s Day – I just feel there are so many other days to express your love. However, I do enjoy a nice surprise and the Nashville trip surprise is AWESOME!

Angela February 19, 2014, 5:04 PM

We chose not to celebrate this year. Too many things going on. We had planned a do over for this week and decided we would rather just not do at all. Lol. Nashville will be fun!

carma February 19, 2014, 5:35 PM

Oh, I hope you enjoy Nashville. I have a friend from elementary school who lives there. She was a singer in a band at one time….We didn’t do much for V Day

Mindie February 19, 2014, 8:48 PM

Oh that sounds fun! Never been so sorry I can’t help 🙁

Catherine Gacad February 20, 2014, 1:00 AM

sounds like a lovely valentine’s day! what a treat…nashville. i’ve never been. would love to go sometime.

Elizabeth February 20, 2014, 8:02 AM

My husband is a fine dining server so he ALWAYS has to work on Valentine’s Day (and Mother’s Day. And Easter…) but my BFF came over (her hubby had to work, too) and we watched goofy romantic comedies and ate pizza. It was great fun!

Amber February 20, 2014, 4:07 PM

It sounds like you had a fun day.

Ours was pretty low key too. We just went to Steak N Shake.

Mrs Match February 20, 2014, 7:13 PM

Aw, what a sweet gift! I hope you guys have a great time in Nashville!!

Felicia February 20, 2014, 10:29 PM

We didn’t do anything. Well I take that back, we went out to eat on Mike’s lunch break at a local joint and half way through our hamburgers/po-boys we realized it was Valentines.

From there we stopped at a local flea market were Mike purchased a sweet little handmade ring I had found.

And that was it. No big fan fare or lots of candy. Just small and sweet.

Nashville sounds like so much fun! I would love to go one day, I can’t wait to hear how your trip went.

Susie (The Esthetic Goddess) February 22, 2014, 11:23 AM

We got burgers from our favorite burger joint and then curled up on the couch and watched Impractical Jokers (Our fav!). It was a perfect night!

Raquel February 22, 2014, 11:25 AM

I want you had a good Valentine’s. My husband got stuck back East to do the snow so mine was quiet. How fun you are going to Nashville! I have never been but it’s on my list! Found you via SITS

Tina @ Girl with a New Life February 25, 2014, 12:37 PM

Please enjoy that Nashville trip!

And you know what, good friends are just as hard to come by. I think your story is wonderful.

trininista March 8, 2014, 8:51 AM

So when will you be heading to Nashville? Sounds like an exciting getaway.