Impatience

– Posted in: moving, other, with the ladies

Asking me not to stress about things that are out of my control is completely futile. And when I stress, I take it out in cleaning bursts around the apartment. That’s probably a good thing since anxiety hasn’t factored into my life quite as much lately and the dust bunnies have settled in nicely over here.

I’m awaiting a phone call from a realtor about a place Bryan and I went to see this weekend. It’s a beautiful and spacious one bedroom, nearly twice the size of my current apartment. My favorite parts about this particular unit in order of appearance: no breed restrictions (the first of its kind we have seen in the town of Montclair, NJ), a backyard hammock, walking distance to shops/restaurants, a dishwasher, and central AC.

And now I must wait to see if we’re approved and try to ignore the dishes in the sink and the towels that need to be put away. My scheduled move-out date is July 1st and there is much to do in that time. My little cousin is getting married at the end of the month, Bryan and I are going to Asbury Park one weekend for a Social Distortion show at the legendary Stone Pony, and my parents are leaving for Canada and I’m dog sitting for a week (yay!).

In other news, I recently had the chance to meet up with one of my very favorite bloggers (Tina from Girl with a New Life 2.0) and her friend Ruiza while they were in town. Tina’s debut novel Enchanted by Starlight received an Indie Book award at a ceremony in the city (!!!!) and we had the chance to catch up over drinks and nosh at Ayza. It was so lovely to finally meet her in person. I explained that heat and humidity makes me hair stand on end and I would possibly rock a muumuu and she was quite forgiving. Meeting up with the girls was just like seeing old friends. We laughed, clinked wine glasses, and had a truly wonderful evening.

with Ruiza and Tina!

How have you all been? Have you ever met up with a blogger IRL and did you also sweat like a moose?

Girl with a New Life June 5, 2013, 12:37 PM

I loved meeting you in person. Big hugs.

carma June 5, 2013, 1:10 PM

I have still never met a blogger in real life. Happy to see that you are house hunting in my old stomping grounds lol. I grew up near Morristown NJ and that’s where I spent the first 25 years of my life…

Nicole June 5, 2013, 3:17 PM

Ooooh. fingers crossed for you on the place!

Do moose(s) sweat?

catherine gacad June 5, 2013, 4:28 PM

Hoping you get the place!

Krysten June 5, 2013, 7:23 PM

Oh my gosh I was SO nervous for my blate this weekend! It actually didn’t help that we had our guys along, because I kept worrying about everyone getting along. Luckily we went to a loud, fun place and we all did get along. So it was good! And I’m jealous you got to meet Tina!

Also, I am crossing my fingers and toes that you’ll get this place!

P.S. Shoot me your digits. I’ll let ya know what’s up.

Mrs Match June 6, 2013, 4:59 AM

Ooh the place sounds lovely. I hope you guys get it! I’m so excited that you’re taking this next step together!
Aw meeting a blogger friend is a huge item on my bucket list. That looks like a blast! I think if I met up with you, or any of my close readers it’d be like old friends too. Here’s hoping one day we get gab over wine in person too!

trininista June 6, 2013, 6:59 AM

I have met up with a couple blogging friends IRL. One guy and I met up on my first trip to London and it was his first time to London as well, even though he lived in the UK. We had a blast. Glad you had such a great time. Best of luck with the apartment!

Kristen June 9, 2013, 9:02 PM

You had me at dishwasher. Then you really had me at hammock. I would loooove to have a hammock at our house, but alas, with only one tree in the backyard, that makes it rather difficult!

Single Mom in the South June 10, 2013, 6:26 AM

Sending approval vibes your way! I am the same way… when I stress, my house gets very clean. Lately, so does the fridge because I eat everthing in sight!

I had a fellow blogger over to my house a few weeks ago and did not sweat, but when Shell and I went to a concert last summer… um yeah… total moose sweat! :-)

Rachel Cotterill June 11, 2013, 10:44 AM