not-so-deep thoughts by charlotte

– Posted in: other, work

Deep thoughts !

There’s really no excuse for feeling this tired and run down on a Wednesday though I blame Daylight Savings time, this pesky cold that has been lingering since Monday, and a weekend filled with much running around and little sleep. Then of course there’s the excitement of starting a new job in just a few short days and tying up all the odds and ends at my present company.

Maybe there are some legitimate reasons for the fatigue after all.

Over the weekend I had the chance to spend time with friends I don’t get to see very often at a benefit for an animal sanctuary started by my friend’s aunt. It was nothing short of miraculous to watch as my friend’s dog PD, a beautiful and friendly pit, worked the room and greeted each guest like a local politician. Taken in as a bait dog at just six-months-old, PD’s early years were challenging as he was rehabbed back to good health. My friend has done a remarkable job getting him acclimated around humans, and it reminded me of how loving, trusting, and resilient our canine companions really are.

It was nice to sit at a table full of people who wanted to show off their furry friends on their iPhones and cameras–a far cry from the usual dinners where friends pass around phones with pictures of their human babies (and, for the record, I love seeing both). It made me miss Sandy and being a foster mom and I was nostalgic to have another pup of my own once more. I know, I know: all in due time.

It’s hard not to plan ahead and allow the excitement of a new job to overshadow everything else. In my head, I’ve pictured myself moving out of Hoboken and getting a place with a backyard so foster dogs can roam freely… Of course there are other dreams mixed in there, too, but I have learned never to rush what’s meant to be.

In the meantime, I can’t believe I have just two more days of commuting to the city ahead of me. On a day filled with sunshine, lunches with coworkers I’ve spent a large portion of full-time hours with over the years, and upcoming happy hours, I am sad about the memories I’ll soon leave behind and excited about the unknown just ahead.

And how are you all, my sweet ones?

Jester Queen March 13, 2013, 12:35 PM

So excited for you. Hope the new job is everything you wish it to be.

Krysten March 13, 2013, 1:22 PM

Oh man, I’d be perfect at that table. You don’t even want to know how many pictures I have of Monte and Roz on my phone. It’s slightly embarrassing.

Marie Nicole March 13, 2013, 1:42 PM

Not up to par I must admit. But still forging ahead and smiling… Good luck with the new job, hope you’ll love your new team! So exciting.

Gia March 13, 2013, 1:48 PM

haha, your header photo made me lol. sounds like you had such a nice weekend – I’m with you about this week though, it is going by so slowly but Wednesday’s almost over here in Paris so just a couple more days to go! Hope these last couple days at your current job go smoothly! :)

keishua March 13, 2013, 1:56 PM

change is bittersweet. when i left ky, i was torn. i’d grown so much there but then again it was time for something new. our lives need breathing room and a new gig can provide that. i dream of fostering cats. it’s not a popular idea with my my cats, though :). One day!!

Single Mom in the South March 13, 2013, 7:42 PM

I can see it’s been far to long since I’ve been over this way for a visit… a new job?? What’s is this of which you speak? Congrats girlie!

carma March 14, 2013, 8:33 AM

I have been dragging like crazy this week too; amazing how that one hour change can make such a difference. Lots of good things ahead for you all in good time. Looking forward to hearing about all the adventures to come with your new gig :)

Alexandra March 14, 2013, 11:58 AM

change, endings, good byes, always play together for me.

I remember this when I quit working, I remember this on the last day of homeschooling, i remember this as I packed away the baby clothes.

It’s always black with the white, the yin with the yang.

Here’s to NEW adventures, sweet Charlotte. xo

Blond Duck March 14, 2013, 9:46 PM

I’m just so happy for you!

Girl with a New Life March 15, 2013, 10:48 AM

A big congrats is in order on your new job!!!

How exciting.

Where are you planning on moving?

Allyson March 17, 2013, 10:09 PM

I am SOOOOO excited for your new job! What a divine new chapter this will be in your life, luv! And with it, perhaps, other new chapters. ;) There is really not a day that goes by that I don’t feel guilty for giving less attention to my furbabies now that Blue is here. And I feel just awful for that. At the end of the day, after he goes to bed, I just want to collapse and they want to play. I know they’re thinking “hey! We were here first!” And that would be a true statement. I’m so glad you loved your fostering and hope another opportunity comes up for you soon!

Blond Duck March 18, 2013, 7:11 PM

Random question– what feed reader do you use?

Mrs. Match March 19, 2013, 1:17 AM

lol, it’s funny how we go from having fur babies to human babies. I like to think I’ll still love my fur baby and take lots of pictures of him. He might just be next to my human baby. ;-)

Good luck with the job! Can’t wait to hear how it goes!