yes, i still love you

– Posted in: moving, Passover, work

Social media, work, writing for various other projects, and yes, a bit of socializing have been occupying much of my time as of late. As necessary as it was to take a bit of a break from the blog world, I’m excited to get back into the swing of things. Too much time apart and I begin to really miss the friendships I’ve made with you all. I hope you know you are never far from my mind. In real life, I’ve had some incredibly meaningful connections with so many of you (via long email exchanges or Twitter/FB messages), and in dreams I’ve had coffee and conversations with some of my favorite bloggers (is that weird? Don’t judge). It’s nice to be back and I will continue to make my rounds to your neck of the woods in the next few days.

A few of you have asked if Bryan and I have had any more conversations about the proposition I made a few weeks ago. Though we have recently discussed the possibility of him moving in with me a bit more openly, including our thoughts, fears, and desires, I refuse to push. There’s no reason for that. We are in a good place and are enjoying our time together. Part of me worries that the honeymoon will come to a complete stop the moment we share a laundry basket. Though sometimes I do get wrapped up in the idea of waking up to him every morning and having someone there to kill spiders, I’m not sure I’m completely ready to part with the remote and cook for two just yet. Basically, I feel equal parts ready and scared shitless. I wonder if that will eventually dissipate.

But there is a sense of relief since I told him I would like him to move in. I’m proud of myself for being so honest in this relationship, which is something I’m not sure I would have been able to do without someone so patient and understanding on my side.

I know Bryan is thinking about the logistics of this move, too. He’s already contacted a friend about a position that would bring him closer to my neck of the woods and he’s been looking into the parking situation in Hoboken (which is always problematic on our overpopulated streets). He’s also asked me where in the hell he’ll put his shoes (it appears mine take up much of the real estate in my shoebox apartment). These gestures show me the move is something he’s thinking about, too.

This past weekend he surprised me with something I’ve always wanted (I can’t help it; it sings to my inner nerd). It’s an antique Underwood typewriter from 1917 and it’s just gorgeous. A part of me wishes I had somewhere nicer to put it, but for now it has made a home on the tiny Ikea table I have set up in my living room.

And since I haven’t posted any pictures of my sweet one in awhile and we actually took a pic where we’re both smiling, I share with you one that was taken by my aunt on Passover. I felt it was time to update the picture on Facebook where we’re both half naked after our polar bear dive in February.

Please accept my humblest apologies for not being as present on your blogs as I would like. You know I still love yas, right? XOXO

Nicole April 25, 2012, 9:37 AM

LOL @ kill spiders. And the equal part ready and scared? Totally normal. You’ll both know when it’s really super time. Right now, just the conversation is good enough, and you’ll probably have the conversation several times. Also ok. The honesty part is the crux of all this. Keep that going, and all will be well.

And your typerwriter is seriously kick-ass. πŸ™‚

Pretzel Thief April 25, 2012, 10:48 AM

OMG, aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee! I’ve always, ALWAYS wanted an old vintage typewriter. I absolutely adore them. Yogi knows this, and I’ve told him if he ever happens to randomly find one in an antique store or wherever, to please buy it for me.

And, as you say, no need to rush things re. moving in. It’ll happen when it happens, and I believe you’ll both love it, even during the less-glam times. (Yogi and I have been cohabitating, what, 5yrs now? Still loving it!)

Finally, you two look adorbs in the photo. Good looking couple alert!! Heh heh.

XOXO

Pretzel Thief April 25, 2012, 10:52 AM

(Also, forgot to add that Bryan totally kicks all kinds of ass for surprising you with that gorge typewriter…DUH! Props to Bryan…huzzah!)

Gia April 25, 2012, 2:16 PM

For reals though, what a crazy thoughtful gift! You guys are beyond tres adorbs. Glad the conversations are continuing because I’m sure it makes you feel like your feelings are validated but more importantly, it’s so great that you’re just happy with where things are at. It’s so hard to ever be content to enjoy it and stretch it for however long you can.

I think it’s inevitable that life will come in the way of the honeymoon phase but it doesn’t mean the magic has to be over! It’ll just need to re-defined. πŸ™‚ XOXO

Bonda84 April 25, 2012, 4:12 PM

I think a lot of us have been busy and had to take time off from blog land, I know that’s my excuse LOL Glad things are going well and the typewriter is just magnificent! Hugs!!

Krysten April 26, 2012, 12:17 PM

Eh, I think it happens to all of us at one time or another, getting too busy for our blogs.

This is why I’m happy we’re FB friends so I can keep up with you!

trininista April 26, 2012, 7:08 PM

You guys look great and happy. That typewriter is pretty special.
No need to visit my blog. Nothing new.

liz April 26, 2012, 8:16 PM

You look deliriously happy! Like, glowing!

That’s a really great picture of the two of you!

I think his thoughtfulness says SO much. About him…about you. ALL of it!

Couldn’t be happier for you guys!

Alison@Mama Wants This April 27, 2012, 3:59 AM

I love that so much good is going on for you right now. As for the moving in, it’d happen when the time is right. Thinking of you. xo

Shell April 27, 2012, 1:31 PM

No apologies ever needed!

I’m out of the look and didn’t realize things had moved to the possibility of moving in!

Sorta Southern Single Mom April 28, 2012, 7:24 AM

Look how cute you two are! I LOVE it. And the typewriter… *sigh* I got flowers this week, making me realize how long it had been since anyone had done something like that! πŸ™‚ Glad you two are still moving forward at a reasonable pace… and yes, the honesty is refreshing… had one of those conversations myself and it was like, “HMMM, so this is what this feels like to be on the same page and know it!”

Emily April 30, 2012, 7:26 PM

Oh, I’m glad you’re back and doing so well. That typewriter is fantastic!

Karen Peterson May 2, 2012, 12:56 PM

I’m glad you’re back and that life is treating you kindly. Bryan sounds like a great guy!

And I’m totally jealous of that typewriter. I really, really want one!

(FL) Girl with a New Life May 3, 2012, 11:08 AM

You two look so *cute* together. Virtual pinches.

And if I were ever in NY I would def. take you out for coffee.

Ally May 11, 2012, 9:34 AM

I think y’all are doing exactly the right thing by taking your time with this decision. I rushed it 3 times and 3 times it ended in disaster. With Neal, I took a totally different approach, even when he made all of the typical “It just makes good financial sense” arguments. And it resulted in a much better outcome. When the time is right, you’ll both know. And there won’t be any hesitation. It may be next week or next year. Don’t let anyone push you into what is “right”…it’s your and Bryan’s decision and when you’re ready, you’ll know. I LOVE this picture of the 2 of you. Exactly how long did it take to make your hair straight? ;-D

Rebecca Rider August 11, 2012, 11:06 AM

What an awesome typewriter!! You two make a very cute couple – and you are very wise to go slowly and not to rush anything!! πŸ™‚

carma August 21, 2012, 8:01 AM

I love seeing your happy smiling pic πŸ™‚ I am glad he is considering but also taking his time and thinking things through. That way it will work out for the best.

My husband has an old Blickensdorfer (?sp) that he found and repaired years ago. he is also a typewriter freak πŸ˜€

Blond Duck December 13, 2012, 8:21 PM

AWESOME! I’ve been wanting a typewriter too. How sweet!

And enjoy the romance of missing sharing a pillow. It’s a sweet part of courtship made even sweeter when you move in together.

Paula March 12, 2013, 9:54 PM

My mom has a typewriter like that and I love love it!! Following from SITS on twitter, looking forward to reading more! have a great day